Primary 4 Record Commonwealth Single!

Following on from the success of the school’s ‘Royal Rockstars’ experience, Primary 4, as part of their Commonwealth topic have written and recorded their own song to spur on the Scottish team in the Commonwealth Games! The children wrote the lyrics during literacy and composed and rehearsed the tune during music time. The song was then recorded this Friday on the iPad using the free GarageBand app. During this time Room 12 was turned into a recording studio and the children not only all sang the choruses and rapped during the ‘middle 8’ or ‘bridge’, but they also sang the verses in small groups and all overdubbed percussion and handclaps. They are delighted with the results and want to share them with you all! If you click the link below (or copy and paste it into your browser), and select ‘download’ you will be able to download the song to your computer to play at home! We hope you enjoy it and look forward to your comments!

Primary 4 and Mr. MacLeod

6 thoughts on “Primary 4 Record Commonwealth Single!”

1. Well done Primary 4 and Mr MacLeod. Thank you for inviting me along to your recording studio to hear your Commonwealth song. It is absolutely fantastic! All your hard work has really paid off. You are all Royal Rockstars in your own right and I am very proud of you all.

Mrs Lowe 🙂

2. Well done primary 4 and Mr Macleod. Your commonwealth song was awesome and I bet a lot of work went into it. I am proud of you. What a fantastic effort you made and well done Mr Macleod for helping make up the lyrics.

Mrs Lilly and p7

3. Well done to all the boys and girls in Primary 4 and to Mr. MacLeod! Your single is brilliant! If the Commonwealth Games are half as good as your single was, then we have an amazing summer to look forward to! Great effort & you should all be very proud of yourselves!