Muir Street Primary

Primary 5 Room 10

Wednesday 29th April 2020

Good morning Primary 5,

I hope you are all feeling great this morning 😊we’re half way through the week already! I am so glad to see lots of you using our Teams page and speaking to each other on there. We are all missing school and seeing our friends every day, I know I am. Here’s a little quote to remember for today and every day;

It’s great to see you working your way through the activities on your Home Learning Grids . Remember these are here for guidance and you don’t need to complete every activity on there. Just do what you can 😊

• Spend 10-15minutes on Spelling City to complete the activities I have assigned to you. I wonder who can create the most detailed spelling sentences this week. I can’t wait to read what you come up with.
  • Answer these comprehension questions about David Walliams’ Fing Chapters 6-8 that you listened to on Monday.

1. Why did Mrs Meek want to go down to the vaults?
    2. What do you think the word ‘wrath’ means? (1m30)
    3. Describe what it was like in the vaults.
    4. What do you think an encyclopaedia is?

Maths

• Log onto Sumdog to compete in this weeks challenge 🏆🌟
  • Use StudyLadder to complete some of the activities from a topic you are not as confident with.

French

We are almost in the month of May. Can you make a poster about this new month in French, you must include;

• the name of the month
  • the season we are in
  • some weather phrases associated with this season ☀️🌦

I hope you all enjoy your day, and remember that just one kind word can change someone’s entire day 😊🌈

love letter

Miss Shanks 💜