This slideshow could not be started. Try refreshing the page or viewing it in another browser.
What is a Blog?
- A blog is an easily up-datable page or set of pages on the web.
- It can be updated without any knowledge of html through a web based interface.
- No software is needed other than a web browser.
- The pages consist in the main of a series of articles, the most recent at the top.
- Previous articles are archived, organised and can be searched.
- WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. (WordPress.org)
- WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites. (Wikipedia)
- WordPress powers nearly a quarter of the modern web.
Lots of reasons:
- Publishing: wider audience – conversation – makes it real
- Learn by – Doing/Reading – Writing – Reflecting – Sharing
Rather than use another type of Publication, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Glow Group
There are a myriad of services that let you publish to the Internet and share, why choose to use a blog?
- It is not either or
- Ownership – Personalisation – Control
And another thing
Text ≠ Text
engage with and create a wide range of texts in different media, taking advantage of the opportunities offered by ICT
Literacy Experiences and outcomes
How Blogs are being used in Teaching & Learning
Most of these examples from the > 160,000 Glow Blogs
Blogs as Forums
Blogs as Forums
Sharing ideas, resources and practise
With the World
Sharing personal reflection
Teacher to Pupil
More ways you could use Glow Blogs
- Audio & video (publishing pupils video, flipped learning, podcasting)
- e-Portfolios (profiling)