The Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006 aims to encourage and support more parents to become involved in their child’s education.
The main aims of the Act are to:
- Help parents become more involved with their child’s education and learning.
- Welcome parents as active participants in the life of the school.
- Provide easier ways for parents to express their views and wishes.
To help achieve these aims, all parents are automatically members of the Parent Forum at their child’s school and are entitled to have a say in selecting the Parent Council (the representative body) to work on behalf of all parents at the school.
The objectives of the Parent Council are:
- To work in partnership with staff to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents.
- To develop and engage in activities that support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of pupils.
- To be involved in the recruitment process for appointing the Head Teacher.
St Palladius Primary has a strong, supportive Parent Council.
Chairperson: Jenna Logan
Secretary: Victoria McCallum
Contact Details: School Office 01294 832692