Subject Choice @MILNE'S HIGH SCHOOL

S3 Modern Languages – Life and Work

What is the course?

The Languages for Life and Work is a level 3 languages course that is suitable for pupils who are working towards, or at, level 2 in S2 French.

The course aims to build your confidence in understanding and using French/German. You will build up your employability skills alongside gaining a greater understanding of your own and other cultures.

How will I learn?

You will learn through a range of activities. There will be opportunities to work as a class as well as individually, in pairs/groups.  We aim to make this fun and interactive to help you develop your literacy and communication skills in a modern language.

What topics will I learn?

As part of the Languages for Life unit, you will learn how to exchange personal details such as, family and friends, hobbies and interests, food and drink and school.

As part of the Languages for Work unit, you will learn how to write a CV, discuss your skills and qualities and your future plans.

Following on from this course, you could progress to N4 French/German.

What skills are developed?

• Communication skills
  • ICT skills
  • Problem solving skills
  • Interpersonal skills

How will I be assessed?

You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your learning in a variety of contexts.

What might this help me with when I leave school?

Being able to speak another language gives you a competitive edge when applying for jobs or further study. Language skills open up a whole world of travel, work and study opportunities.