Benefits of Exercise

Exercise – You Know You Should

So……have you been exercising much? Indoors or outdoors? Well…….?

You know it does you good, especially because you are still growing and need those muscles of yours to develop.

The first place for us all to start, is deciding on the right time of day when exercise will suit you best. If we get that right, it is more likely to become enjoyable and part of our routine.

For me, I’ve found just after breakfast is good. I get my sports gear on and I don’t get distracted into doing anything else.

So far during the school closures, I have been doing my exercise with my daughter. We have gone out for a jog/walk run when it has been a nice morning (I’m definitely a fair weather runner – which means I only like to run when the weather is decent) and we have joined in with the “PE with Joe” Wicks online workout sessions via Youtube.

If I haven’t managed to get any exercise done in the morning (because things don’t always go to plan), we have done some “Cosmic Kids Yoga Adventure” online sessions – one of which involved exercising to a Frozen story and pretending to be Olaf the snowman – try it if you dare!

And if the day has been too busy with other things, we have gone for an evening walk.

What has all this done for me? Well, I feel pretty good about myself. I feel organised in the morning because I’ve got up and done something to get me going.

Exercise raises your endorphins so that even after you have finished exercising, you still feel good.

If you can’t face going outdoors then online workouts could be the way to go. If you are lucky enough to have a garden, do circuits out there in the fresh air ie press ups, sit ups, planks, weights, squats will do you, and your brain, the world of good.

Leave us a comment to let us know what exercise you have been doing and we can create a poll of what is the most popular way to keep ourselves fit.