Drama – 30th November

For the warm up we stood in a circle and I lead the children in a mime – getting dressed up to play in the snow. Some of the children were very reluctant and embarrassed. After that I asked volunteers to mime putting on an item of clothing and everyone else had to guess – step by step everyone became more confident. I hadn’t done any drama with this class before! Finally we chose three characters ( Bob the banana eater, Postman Pat and Merangia ( film character?!)). Each group had to decide who would be who and then completeĀ a story. The story began with them walking through the woods when a tree fell down – what happened next.

After about 5 minutes the groups still looked quite chaotic – some still arguing about who would be who and what would happen. After about 10 minutes everyone was engrossed. After about 15 minutes I blew my whistle and we visited each group. The audience had to guess what was going on and comment on any particularly skilled acting. After that we played running around games as it was freezing although this week everyone had loads more clothes on!

Back in class we referred to the bench marks and ASG skills list and identified all the skills we had use. I conclude that we should do more drama šŸ™‚