Pokémon Adventure!

There is a boy in my class who is never invited to birthday parties, undoubtedly because of his behaviour. Last week he became very upset because yet again invites were being handed out and yet again he wasn’t given one. When H wasn’t with us I asked the rest of the class what we could do to help and they – funnily enough (!) suggested that we organise a secret party. H is obsessed with pokemon so that was to be the theme….

We arrived in the woods and – goodness me- there was an envelope addressed to H and the rest of the class. H opened it and it was clear that his favourite pokemon had been abducted and we needed to help rescue him. There was a quest – to collect 48 pokemon cards which were hidden in the woods. When collected the cards would be turned over to reveal a message…

P1050753

And the message lead to another letter and the letter asked the children to build special dens to house ‘Charazard’ when he was released. The class dutifully built great dens then, when the time was right, I made a ‘discovery’. Another ‘Oh my goodness!’ moment. Cakes with a  message iced on them..

P1050765H was THRILLED and all the other children wanted him to be in their group etc., H walked home on top of the world, chatting to people he doesn’t normally spend much time with. 🙂

One thought on “Pokémon Adventure!”

1. A truly amazing Blog, very inspirational and it certainly is as I have started one myself. Hope you don’t mind. Keep up the great work. Martin