Communication Survey

Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our survey. As promised here are the results:

1.Do you read the Nursery newsletters online or a paper copy?
SurveyMonkey Analyze - Lawfield Nursery Communication with Parents_Carers

2.Do you read the Nursery blog/Nursery website?

SurveyMonkey Analyze - Lawfield Nursery Communication with Parents_Carers-1

3. What do you find most helpful on the Nursery blog?

• It’s nice to see what activities you have on offer and what my daughter has been learning
  • Dates for activities
  • Reminders.
  • Remembering Friday times and general information regarding nursery news.
  • Keeps me up to date with everything
  • Updates
  • Sometimes you don’t know whats going on but I tend to find most things are on here.
  • Plan of what happens within the nursery.
4. Are you a member of the school facebook group?
SurveyMonkey Analyze - Lawfield Nursery Communication with Parents_Carers-2

5. Do have a twitter account and if so do you follow @lawfieldps on twitter?

SurveyMonkey Analyze - Lawfield Nursery Communication with Parents_Carers-3

6. Can you think of ways we could improve our blog or communications with parents/carers?

• Would be helpful to see a nursery snack menu so I no What my daughter has eaten has she isn’t very good telling me what she has had. Few times she has told me she hasn’t eaten snack but not sure what she was offered. Also be nice for pictures to be more personal ie pictures of children doing activities rather than pictures of activities.
  • Give information out a bit quicker.

• I think the range of social media is perfect.

• Maybe you could do a little weekly update letter on thing they have been doing or a little note in kids trays about what they have been learning that week.

7. Please use the last box to add any comments or suggestion about communication within Lawfield Nursery

• Be nice to have little of feedback about my child’s day I ask how she’s been and get “fine”, which is great but would be nice for feedback to be more personal ie she has enjoyed, or played with
  • Things have greatly improved since August, Good job Mrs Knight and all the other staff :))
  • A list of upcoming events also perhaps something regarding what kind of things they have had for snack (just as I ask my daughter all the time and she forgets and think it’s not worth asking while at nursery as would take up too much teacher time etc
  • I am happy that, although it is not me personally who does drop off / pick up, I am aware of everything going on in the nursery and appreciate the extra time spent to reach parents like me.
  • It’s better now than before because mrs knight runs Facebook page and she is the nursery teacher so I’ve noticed a lot more nursery announcements go on Facebook than before
  • I think the staff within the nursery are really helpful, are always willing to explain things and answer any questions you have about the nursery and help with any problems you have