Modern Language Leaders
*18/3/20 Language Leaders have been added to Microsoft Teams. Please ensure you can access the group. You can communicate with Mrs Donnelly regarding the completion of your Level 6 SQA Leadership Award and email your booklets and reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
In Modern Languages we value highly the contribution made to the department by our Senior Student Modern Language Leaders.
As a Modern Language Leader you are providing unique support and an excellent example to younger pupils.
So what will you be required to do in this important role?
Your job is to support the teacher and pupils – the teacher will direct you.
This involves a whole variety of tasks, for example:
- Ensuring pupils have pencils, etc. at the beginning of the lesson (the teacher will provide these)
- Distributing other equipment during the lesson, e.g. books, worksheets, homework jotters
- Checking pupils notes (you will have your own copy to refer to)
- Helping small groups with various tasks
- Using target language as often as you can!
- Support peer assessment activities
- Helping pupils in ICT or the library.
You will doubtlessly undertake many other tasks during your year with us.
Your presence is a real asset and we would ask you to always let the class teacher know in advance if there are times when you may be unavailable.
Thank you for volunteering to give up some of your non-class time. We hope that you will also find your time in the department very rewarding.
Modern Languages Department.