Starting University

Last week, I officially started University. The week before was our induction where lots of different lecturers spoke to us about the course and provided us with lots of information which will be vital for our four years here at the University of the West of Scotland .  The most helpful source of information, in my opinion, came from the BA2 students. They provided us with the most honest perspective on what the year will entail and how best to prepare for it. They also provided us with some more practical info about things like car sharing, etc. 

However, last week was when the real work started. This was when the lectures began and everything started to feel very real. I had imagined for months what it would be like and how I would feel during it but to be completely honest, it felt like being back at school. We were all sitting in groups round tables copying notes from a powerpoint. This felt so familiar and comfortable that it made the transition to University feel easier and not as daunting.