Reflection of peer review

Receiving feedback is a good way to reflect on the work I have already done, and to decide where the strengths and weaknesses are. Receiving good feedback is motivating as it can highlight exactly where your strengths are and is definitely a positive experience. Receiving criticism is also very helpful as it shows where you need to improve and makes you think about how to do this. I liked receiving feedback from my peers as it was nice to see that we had similar opinions and wrote our thoughts in similar ways. Giving a peer review gives me confidence as it allows me to see what other people have been doing and it gives me some ideas that I maybe wouldn’t have thought of before.

I think peer review is a great way to see how I am doing, and is definitely something that I will use in future studies, as the amount of coursework increases as I will be able to review my work with my peers and allow me to see how I am doing.

I feel that peer review is a really good method to use in the classroom with children, and is an activity I will definitely use as a student teacher, and then a teacher. Methods such as ‘Two stars and a wish” is a great way to get children to review their peer’s work and gives them confidence in the work that they have carried out and also a criticism which will allow them to improve something the next time.