Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence  x
 Take risks  x
 Organise and plan x
Manage Time x
 Make presentations x
 Act as a leader x
 Listen to others x
 Debate formally and informally x
 Take notes x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Organise and plan  These skills will be useful when planning lessons whilst on placement but also for helping to plan and organise group work and presentations in, for example, our inter-professional peer leaning groups.
 Act as a leader  Leadership skills will be used when taking on group tasks and also when on placement for taking lessons for example.
 Listen to others  LIstening to others is important when working in groups for working together or for the values module as lots of different people wil be giving different views and opinions which mus all be accounted for.
 Take notes  Taking notes will be useful when in lectures and there are presentations being shown but also in our inter-professional peer leaning groups if someone mentions somehing interesting that you may find useful.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 Self-confidence  By working in smaller groups within our modules, I will gain confidence to speak out and then take that forward into different scenarios and build my confidence.
 Take risks  When coming to a problem that is being solved, I would normally go with the safest option however taking risks might sometimes have a better outcome so I need to begin to assess all possible solutions before chosing one.
 Manage time  I need to prioritise things that are to be done and set aside time to do each task properly and well.
 Make presentations  Working in groups will enable me to enhance my presentation making skills as I will be able to work alonside others and possibly gain tips and ideas from others.
 Debate formally and informally  Joining in debates with others will allow me to watch how people with experience in debating go about it and, again, learn from them.