Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence                       x
 Set personal goals                        x
Take responsibility                        x
Manage time                        x
 Listen to others                        x
 Take notes                        x
 Be creative                        x
 Organise and plan                        x
 Problem solve                       x

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Set personal goals  To establish what I want to do and when I want to have it done by. To help me manage my workload each week.
 Take responsibility  To take responsibility of my own learning by going above and beyond the given tasks. Also to take responsibility within my peer group to effectively communicate our learning.  I have typed and submitted a summary of our discussion from our group task (week 2) on to the blog. I took responsibility by gathering everyone’s opinions and ideas to come up with a fair evaluation of our discussion.
 Listen to others  To work in my peer group and take on board everyone’s opinion.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 Self confidence  Start having more confidence in my abilities as I begin to do tasks more at ease and without  worry.
 Manage time  Plan effectively what tasks need done and when and making note of this to keep myself on track.
 Take notes  Keep focused in lectures and make detailed notes additionally to the powerpoint already provided.
 Be creative  By coming up with new ideas to develop and enhance my learning.
 Organise and plan  Use a planner to know what needs done for when to structure my week effectively so work is not missed or left until the last minute.
 Problem solve  Taking each problem as it comes and tackling it with a positive mind-set in order to have good outcomes.