This is a place for education practitioners working in the City of Edinburgh, Midlothian, Fife, East Lothian and the Scottish Borders to share and learn from each other. Let’s see what we can accomplish together – ask questions, tell your stories or share your knowledge, skills and experience to create exciting ways to improve.
As the South East Improvement Collaborative we have agreed to ensure a collaborative approach that has the function to:
- Raise attainment and achievement
- Help to deliver excellence and equity
- Develop work related to GIRFEC and tackling attainment inequity
- Share expertise across the Collaborative to effect change
- Maintain local democratic accountability
- Contribute to the growth of the regional economy
- Contribute to relevant Edinburgh City Deal outcomes
The South East Improvement Collaborative Plan is based on robust analysis of available data leading to prioritisation of our initial two areas of focus:
- Improving attainment and achievement, including closing the attainment gap;
- Quality Improvement in schools and early years’ settings.
Work on these priorities is underpinned by further work to improve the implementation of GIRFEC across the Collaborative ensuring that key children’s services partners are contributing to the improvement in outcomes.
Interested in finding our more? Download the Improvement Plan here.