Scottish English as an Additional Language Co-ordinating Council, is a national group made up of representatives from authorities across Scotland involved in the management and delivery of English as an Additional Language (EAL) services. The aims of the group are to support staff and bilingual pupils in:
· monitoring, evaluation and response roles;
· initiation, development, collation, dissemination of information on bilingual/EAL issues;
· nationwide EAL co-ordination and networking;
· support for staff working at all levels of EAL service delivery;
· make proactive representations;
· provide training for staff.