Why I want to be a teacher

There are many experiences I’ve had that have inspired me to be a teacher. I knew that I loved teaching after doing my work experience as I got to see the children develop new skills, build their confidence and learn new things – I found it very rewarding. I was able to observe teaching strategies and having the chance to teach the pupils myself which allowed me to build relationships with the pupils. I have also assisted at an Art and Design club in my high school as well as assisting at a Tae Kwon Do club. These both gave me tasters of what the teaching profession would be like and proved to be enjoyable experiences as well as allowing me to gain relevant knowledge and skills.

I have had many role model teachers throughout my school years who have inspired me to become a teacher as I would like to have a positive impact on children’s learning the way they had on mine. However, I have also had many teachers who have had a negative impact on my learning which impacted both my relationship with the teacher and the subject we were learning about. This highlighted the importance of the teacher building relationships and creating a positive atmosphere in the classroom. This made me even more motivated to become a great teacher.

I feel that I have lots of passion and enthusiasm for teaching, giving the pupils an exciting learning experience which would encourage them to work to the very best of their abilities. Being a teacher means that I am able to be involved in shaping the pupils to become exceptional individuals, which is very important for life and work. Teaching would allow me to guide children to do the best they can in all aspects of life giving every pupil an equal chance to do what they want to do. I am excited to learn more about education so I can become the best teacher I can be.