Inclusion and Equality

In this lecture we discussed what inclusion is and what it can lead do. From my understanding, I think inclusion is the antidote of exclusion – including everyone, of all backgrounds, religions and cultures in a society and community. Through promotion of inclusion of every individual – we are well on our way to helping society reach equality. We then learned about the Equality Act 2010 which was introduced on the 1st October 2010. It provides a UK-wide legislation which aims to protect the rights of individuals, advance equality of opportunity, and promote a fair and more equal society. This helps eliminate exclusion, harassment and discrimination.
After todays input, I have understood that there is a difference in inclusion and equality however they work in unison. I did not fully understand PCS analysis and have been doing further reading and have been taking more time to understand the lecture slides on moodle so I can put this into practise in the future.
This lecture opened my eyes to the importance of inclusion in society and how prevalent it is in the 21st century. As a teacher, I will be exposed to children of all backgrounds and I want them to feel at home and all equal when they enter my classroom each morning. This input has given me the knowledge, current termination and motivation to make sure I apply this in my future career.