How did your gender affect you as a child?

Gender affects everyone as a child in a way; you are born into a society which has certain preconceptions about the way you should behave. As a child developing in primary school, I recognised that some of the female teachers seemed to favour the pupils of the same sex. One incident stays with me that was an example of this, in my primary six class, we would have to organise our folders for the year in a tray. Each pupil had a tray and you had to get out of your seat to access this tray but the catch here was the moment the teacher said to get back in your seats and settle down, you were to do so as fast as possible. Now, I was still trying to get my stuff back into the folder in my tray when I heard my name shouted across the room and I was ranted at for being the last out my seat. There were three other girls still out their seat in the same position as me but what I now think the teacher meant was that I was the last male. In hindsight, this incident was not a major injustice but it just goes to show how there are some gender inequalities and this can even come across as early as primary school. It also illuminates the fact that even professional classroom practitioners can demonstrate their biased nature.