Milngavie Early Years Centre

news for parents

Make a Handsome Humpty Dumpty with Angela

Angela has sent this lovely activity for you to try at home.  Can you say the rhyme that goes with it?  Maybe you can say it along with Angela?

Click the link to see Angela’s video:

https://video.link/w/xE9Nb

Hello Boys and Girls,

I hope you’re all safe and well and spending lots of lovely quality time with your families at home.
This week we are focusing on words that rhyme so I thought it would be nice to practice one of our favourite nursery rhymes Humpty Dumpty. I hope you enjoyed the video and joined in at home too.

Here  are some instructions on how to make your very own Humpty Dumpty

Step 1

You will need
Paper
Pens
Scissors
Glue

Step 2

Draw an egg shape (or get a grown up to draw one for you) then cut it out. Draw 2 eyes, a nose and a happy smile. Then give Humpty Dumpty a nice jacket to keep him warm.

Step 3

Cut 4 strips of paper for arms and legs and 4 circles for hands and feet.

Step 4

Get a grown up to help you concertina the paper by folding it over then turning your strip over and folding it again. This makes fun springy arms and legs. Then stick on your hands and feet. You can add a handle to hold your Humpty Dumpty on the back by cutting the end off a toilet roll and sticking it on.

If you would like to make a wall for Humpty Dumpty cover a box in paper (I used a cereal box) and add rectangle bricks.

You could also have fun building your own wall using bricks, boxes, cushions, or toys. I wonder how high you can make it before it topples down?

Have fun playing with Humpty Dumpty boys and girls. Sending love and hugs and hope to see you all soon

Angela x