Lauryn Barclay UWS ITE ePDP

Communication in Other Environments

During this task in my group there was a few dominant leaders. They were not choosen but figured out by who managed to take control of the situation and get us started off. I recognised a group leader because they were able to tell others what we were aiming to make out of this task and were able to make it clear of everyone’s roles in the group. From this I felt some members of the group were communicating less than others but overall everyone got a say as to how they wanted the task to play out. I found it easy to work with the group I was in and did not face any challenges when it came to communicating with them.

The group explaining got across want they wanted to say very well. It was very clear and easily understood. However, they could have went into a bit more depth, for example, with how they planned what they were going to create as this was not very clear. This could have let me gather a bit more background information on why they designed what they did. Overall, the group were able to convey the main points of their den clearly.

The environment we were in was a lot different from a classroom environment which made communication a bit harder. As we were outdoors there were many different sounds that wouldn’t be heard inside. For example, it was windy, so due to being amongst trees it was made more difficult to hear each other and we had to take this into consideration when explain our den. This also made it more difficult to hear the other group explaining and led to information having to be repeated. Also due to other distractions such as planes and dogs it was harder to focus on the task given.

My groups negotiations were successful. We were able to get another member of another group to come stand in our den for 5 minutes as our mini task. However the most difficult thing was trying to negotiate different items with other groups, for example, the scissors and from this had to work as a team to figure out a way to negotiate with the materials we had for the materials we needed. In the end we were successful in getting what we needed.