Welcome to the FV&WL RIC Health and Wellbeing workstream

My name is Gillian Campbell and I lead the workstream in addition to my post as Curriculum Support Officer (HWB) for Falkirk Council’s Service and School Improvement Team.  The other members of the workstream are: Jennifer Abernethy (Stirling), Jaki Reid (Clackmannanshire), Karen Brown (West Lothian) and Jacqui Ward (Education Scotland).

Our workstream formed at the beginning of 2020.  We spoke to staff, pupils and partners in each area and considered the Scottish Government recommendations from the national thematic review before pulling together our priorities to plan our collective priorities for the PSE curriculum.  We began by looking at Substance Use, initially for the Senior Phase as this was where the biggest gap existed in terms of resources and staff training.  Our working group are taking forward this work and helping to create an online resource with professional learning.  If you would like to be involved, now or in the future, please get in touch.

In addition to creating new resources we have pulled together PSE resources for all areas of the currciulum from Early to Senior Phase. You can access these here: https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/glowblogs/fvwlric/pse-resources/

Get in touch with the Health and Wellbeing Workstream

Health and Wellbeing blog posts