Hello world!

Hello!

My name is Faye Nicholson and I’m currently teaching Primary Seven at Kingsland Primary School in Peebles, Scottish Borders. I also live in Peebles so frequently get strange looks from pupils who suddenly realise I don’t live in the cupboard in my classroom! I’m very active and love sport. I particularly enjoy athletics and used to compete in long jump despite my allergy to sand…  I now enjoy slightly less serious training and attend fun exercise classes like Clubbercise and Highland Hustle. I recently got engaged so life is also full of wedding planning and excitement at the moment.

I’m excited to start the SCEL TLP 2018 and am looking forward to meeting and chatting to lots of different teachers to discuss what is going on around Scotland. I’m excited to engage with others through the blogs and build professional relationships to support this programme. I hope to grow in confidence with my reflections and make these more critical and purposeful to enhance my future development. The unknown workload is my biggest apprehension going into the course however, the supportive environment for managing the workload is reassuring.

6 Responses to “Hello world!”