Welcome to the Education Scotland Learning, Teaching and Assessment Team CLPL blog. Here you will find information on the roles and remits of the ES LTA team and the various ways in which we offer support across the curriculum.
Who are we?
All Senior Education Officers (SEOs) for Learning, Teaching and Assessment with specific curriculum responsibility have a wide and significant range of experience across the education system, including leadership experience in a range of settings. This includes colleagues who have experience as:
- School leaders in both primary and secondary contexts
- Scottish Qualifications Authority senior appointees
- Local Authority officers and seconded roles for local and national bodies
- Associate Assessors
- Writers and editors of academic & practitioner research and enquiry, including academic papers and textbook publications.
What do we do?
- Provide national support for all curriculum areas in the Broad General Education
- Support practitioners across all curriculum areas in the Senior Phase
- Provide advice and guidance around learning, teaching and assessment
- Provide support for the implementation of OECD recommendations
- Provide national leadership for curriculum areas including supporting Scottish Government policy development
- Provide support for innovation within curriculum areas
How do we do this?
- Provide on-demand bespoke support regarding professional learning, leadership and curriculum
- Collaborate with and support practitioners, local authorities and regional improvement collaboratives
- Provide a range of career-long professional learning opportunities and activities to improve curriculum delivery
- Collaborate with a range of external partners to identify, develop and promote resources and strategies for high quality learning, teaching and assessment
- Lead and participate in a range of online and in-person national networks
- Identify and disseminate advice and guidance on curriculum matters, based on research and evidence.