Ellie's teaching eportfolio

My portfolio for Primary Ed

My experience of maths throughout school

In Primary School I never really struggled with maths, however I was never the best at it. I simply just worked my way through it by working hard. In Secondary School from first to third year I was moved between the top set and the second top set. Again I just slowly got through it by working hard. However, I began to struggle when I got to fourth year doing my national five maths. Between my teacher and my own confidence, I struggled to get to grips with it. My teacher was nice but did not explain things in the way I understood. I had to resit my national five maths in fifth year and finally passed with a grade B. My teacher this time round was totally different from my fourth year one, she was a lot more hands on which is what I needed. It still wasn’t easy for me to pass but I pushed through as I know I needed it for Primary Teaching. Although I always struggled with maths, I hope to be confident in teaching it.