Exchange – Music Event

“If I hadn’t had the education I had, I would probably have been left behind as soon as we entered the computer era because I wouldn’t have been able to adapt to modern ways of working.” Keith Harris

Education Scotland and Music for Youth worked in partnership to deliver Exchange which was held in Platform, Easterhouse, on 12-13th June. Workshops and panel discussions were offered for pupils and parents alike. Themes from Developing the Young Workforce were explored which included employability skills, and career pathways in and through the music industry.

We were delighted to welcome Keith Harris as our keynote speaker. Amongst other things, Keith is the director of performer affairs at PPL and for the last 38 years has been general manager for Stevie Wonder.

Through his inspiring speech, Keith talked openly about his own pathway into and through the music industry and spoke about the skills and personal qualities required to become successful in his career. Keith recognises the importance of developing very strong literacy and numeracy skills. He valued his education which enabled him to work hard throughout his life

Footage from the event will be available shortly on the Education Scotland website

Share this Post