The Plan!

Well this has certainly evolved a fair bit. I was originally hoping to do this with S2’s as well, but due to a number of factors they are far behind where I would like them to be! So I have decided to concentrate on my S4 class who are at the end of a 2 year national 5. I feel this is a good group to target because they have to remember a fair amount of material some of which they learnt a significant length of time ago. Not perfect as I don’t have a control in another class who I can just revise with in my normal fashion.

A plan of sorts

4 thoughts on “The Plan!”

1. Thanks Chris. Are you able to make it bigger? I can read most of it (just!) but I’d like to see your reading references too. Are you planning to cover aspects of one, or more than one, ‘topic’ in each lesson? I’m wondering how many different areas of physics you are planning to cover in the 6-8 week period and how regularly you will switch between them.

1. I split the course into seven bits, I plan to cover all of them every week, fortunately practising multiple choice questions is perfect for this as it has a cross course sample! The references are a bit on the small side I’ll post them as a separate comment.

2. References are below:

Benjamin, A. S., & Tullis, J. (2010). What makes distributed practice effective? Cognitive Psychology, 61, 228-247.
      Rohrer, D., & Pashler, H. (2007). Increasing retention without increasing study time. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 16(4), 183-186.
      Cepeda, Nicholas J Vul, Edward Rohrer, Doug et al. (2008). Spacing effects in learning: A temporal ridgeline of optimal retention. Psychological Science, 19(11), 1095-1102.