Day 1

Today is the first day at Barcaple and we got into coloured groups, orange, yellow, red and blue. We also got our room mates. The orange group did tree climbing first and we each got two shots. Kiera and Ethan both got to the top. “The scariest part was when I thought I was going to fall but I had so much fun.” Kiera said.

After we did tree climbing we did a ropes course it was sooooo much fun. We had to get past obstacles and at the end there was a slide that we went on twice. “It was terrific!” Said Summer.

Today at Barcaple, the blue groups first activity was the zip wiring, and it was absolutely amazing. Whilst I was having a turn, I was posing upside down and posing too. After the children had their turns, Mrs McKensie had one as well.

As well as zip wiring, we also did the blind trail, and everyone looked histericle with their blind folds on. There was also a moment when I was absolutely terrified, because we had to go in a very tight tube, and I didn’t like that because I am claustrophobic.

Today at Barcaple the yellow group first did Orienteering. It was really exciting! The girl’s won twice and worked well as a team and so did I the boy’s but the girl’s beat them.

Also the yellow team did crate climbing. It was soooo scary because the crates kept on wobbling but luckily we were on harnesses. Carly and Lucy went 4 crates high, Rebbeca and I went 5 crates high, Murray and Ara went 6 crates high and Cameron and Eliot did a whopping 7 crates. It was amazing! -Joanna

Today, the red group hopped into a minibus and drove to the forest adventure site! Our staff member told us about trees and taught us a game called ‘The floor is lava.’ There was tree stumps and we had to jump onto them when he shouted ” The floor is lava!” We also got amazing views of the mountains and valleys! ” It was lovely to hear birds and the wind rustling the trees!” – Gabriella

15 thoughts on “Day 1”

1. Wow, looks like you’ve all had an amazing first day, lots of smiles all round and lots of daring activities, well done all of you. Can’t wait for the next photos.

2. Wow! day one and it looks fabulous fun ! Have a wonderful week everyone. Wish I had been zip wiring with you , I look forward to seeing events of day two !

3. Brilliant photos!! Fantastic first day! Hope you all sleep well tonight. Can’t wait to see the photos from your day tomorrow! Xxx

4. Looks amazing! What a brave bunch you (teachers included) are! Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings. Enjoy!!!

5. Lovely happy photographs of everyone, hope you all enjoyed day one. Sleep well tonight and look forward to hearing about tomorrow’s adventures.

6. It all looks fab fun. I think you will all have a great sleep tonight. It’s lovely to see the photos. We are really jealous.

7. What a great first day. Brilliant to be able to see them. Thank you Ms Lamont. Hope the wonderful weather continues.

8. It sounds like you are having an amazing time! Great to read this update and see all the photos too.
    Looking forward to hearing about your next adventures.

9. Had a great time at Barcaple today. Great to see the children really pushing themselves to achieve what they thought they couldn’t! Keep it up and very well done.

10. Hi everyone at Barcaple, hope you are having fun ! The pictures look great can’t wait to see more. I wish i could go back again. Have fun !!! – Erin x

11. What a fantastic first day! I wish we had school trips like this when I was at school! Can’t wait to here what you are all up to the rest of the week.

12. Really proud of all the girls and boys trying their best in their challenges.
    What an opportunity to develop their individual strengths.
    Just go for it!