1ST DANCE INPUT
From this introductory experience of dance, I have learned the importance of:
- How and why to present myself in a confident manner through body language and movement
- Facilitating children to be creative and active
- To help children understand why and how they are learning through dance
- The use of music as a tool
- How to manage classroom dynamics of organising a dance lesson
- How to build children’s confidence
- Supporting children in showing their personality through their work
- How to utilise the space in a room
- Health and Safety
- The reality of classroom situations – friends falling out, insecurities.
- Checking music before use in class and or when using youtube videos. Dance-related videos as the stimulus – create discussions with class around dance
- Learning dances from different religions – RME.
Key Ideas and concepts:
- Interdisciplinary through dance (Active cross-curricular learning)
- Having conversations with kids over what they have developed in their dance lesson – different skills such as critical thinking
- Exploring the benefits of dance such as better mental health
This workshop has helped me to understand how to plan a dance lesson to BEGIN to support meeting identified E’s and O’s such as:
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and
being part of an audience for other people’s presentations/performances.
EXA 0-01a / EXA 1-01a / EXA 2-01a
- I enjoy creating short dance sequences, using travel, turn, jump, gesture, pause and fall, within safe practice. EXA 1-08a