Project Branded

Directed by: Lisa Keenan and Gillian Crawford
Presented by: Senior Tron Skillshops Group
Thursday 7th – Friday 9th April 2011

What would happen if teenagers were all exactly the same? Would it be a good thing or a bad thing? Surely growing up would be easier? Imagine never worrying about making wrong decisions… about fitting in… or what your friends will think? Not to mention the positive effects it could mean for society.

Tron Skillshops 13-17yr group experimented with that very question through workshops, characters and movement. The result was Project Branded. Supporting the youth of today to become the society of tomorrow. Will you join us?

Being branded is a way of life. It’s my personality. It identifies me. It supports me. No worrying. No hierarchy. Total harmony. The brand experience creates an impression. It makes us special and unique.  Join us. It will make you stronger. Make us stronger.  Branded. Be part of it.

Tron Theatre’s senior Skillshops members explored identity, peer pressure, individuality and making choices. Working with movement specialist Jen Edgar and with original music by RJ McConnell they produced a brilliant piece of theatre which was performed in the main auditorium in April.