Edinburgh – Creative Conversation with Martin Robinson

How Long has this been going on…..? is the title of the next Edinburgh City Creative Learning Network’s Creative Conversation with Martin Robinson, author of Trivium 21st Century.

Wednesday 7th October at 4pm for coffee and 4.30 for the Conversation.

The venue is Merchant’s Hall and you are invited to bring a colleague. Numbers wishing to attend continue to be high so please get back to me as soon as possible – and no later than Tuesday 6th October at 12noon.

Creative Conversation Invitation – Martin Robinson
Creative Conversation prog and info – Martin Robinson

Here is what has been said about Martin Robinson, author of Trivium 21st Century and our Creative Catalyst next Wednesday:

•  Trivium 21st C also has questions for our national policy – in terms of the nature of the formal curriculum, accountability processes and public examinations. Do we have a system that will allow a curriculum like the one Martin Robinson describes to come into being beyond a few privileged institutions – or institutions for the privileged?
  • I’ve just finished reading this wonderful book and, as I said on twitter, it’s the best education book I’ve read by far. There are lots of teacher-tips books and plenty of academic system-reform or leadership books – but Trivium 21st C occupies different ground altogether.

And of the Creative Conversation last week:

• That was a great session – thank you. I always come away inspired and challenged and I enjoy stepping back for a moment from the day-to-day life of Nursery to consider the bigger picture (Early Years)
  • It was a super event, Linda. Thank you. We thoroughly enjoyed it! (Primary)
  • Thank you for another excellent Creative Conversation yesterday – ideas shared were wonderful (Secondary)

To book your places email Linda Lees at Linda.Lees@edinburgh.gov.uk