The Scottish Civic Trust My Place Photography Competition 2013-2014 is now OPEN FOR ENTRY

What is the My Place Photography Competition?

Now in their ninth year the Scottish Civic Trust My Place Photography Competition is a heritage photographic competition for young people of school age in Scotland. It is aimed at encouraging young people to explore their built environments in a creative way using photography as means of investigation and creative expression.

The My Place Photography Competition is part of Scotland’s contribution to European Heritage Days, and links into the International Heritage Photographic Experience run out of Barcelona and to the Council of Europe. The project is supported by the Historic Scotland and the 2014 competition is supported by The Lighthouse and Architecture + Design Scotland.

Who can enter?
All young people in Scotland are eligible to enter.
Entrants should be of either primary school age or secondary school age.
Entries should be made by a group leader or teacher on behalf of their students.

All entries are recognised with a certificate and will be placed in an online gallery, displayed in a public exhibition at The Lighthouse, Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture.
Two winners will be selected by a panel of judges and these will go on to represent Scotland in a worldwide exhibition and catalogue.

How can you take part?

Entries must be made by 31 January 2014

Share the message

If you would like to help promote the My Place Photography Competition with your colleagues and networks here are a few things you can do:

• share out this email by forwarding to your networks
  • send an invitation out to sign up for the SCT eBulletin HERE
  • join the Scottish Civic Trust online on Facebook and Twitter