A new elearning module from the JISC-led Strategic Content Alliance is available online to help update people dealing with intellectual property rights in universities, colleges, museums, libraries and other public bodies.
The module will help them understand the implications and roles of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and licensing – all crucial to their institution’s role as a provider, aggregator and/or publisher of digital content.
The module is divided into six learning objects with a range of supporting case studies, video and animation:
1. Introduction to IPR and licensing
2. Creative Commons licences
3. Orphan works and risk management
4. Digital Economy Act
5. Accessing and using third party content
6. Protecting and managing rights.
Access the module online <http://www.web2rights.com/SCAIPRModule>