‘My Home, My Place, My Scotland’ 15th November

An exhibition entitled ‘My Home, My Place, My Scotland’, aims to dissect Scotland’s cultural heritage by covering the whole spectrum of activity from castles, collections and costumed performers through to planning and conservation.

The event, which is free to the general public, will take place at the Roxburghe Hotel on Monday 15th November and includes exhibits from The National Trust, Edinburgh World Heritage, Historic Scotland, The Heritage Lottery Fund and Architecture and Design Scotland.

Click here for more info.

A highlight of the exhibition will be the opportunity to view one of the most significant finds in Scottish archaeology, the Orkney Venus. Scotland’s oldest known depiction of a human face, the figure was found last summer on the island of Westray to international acclaim. The figurine has recently been on a tour of Scotland, which has been seen by more than 100,000 people.

Costumed performers will also be in attendance, including children from Castleview Primary School who will talk about their role as junior guides. The children are taking part in a scheme run by Historic Scotland, which trains primary age children to take their peers on guided tours of historic properties during the school term.