This week in Lourdes Secondary Library

Welcome to a new week – I hope you pupils are looking forward to your half-term break. Just four days to go! 

If you didn’t already know, the Roleplaying Games Club will now be meeting fortnightly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from 3.30 to 5pm. So there will be no excitingly ridiculous adventures this week. We start back on Thursday 13th February – apologies to the Wednesday group, but we’ll see if we can fit in another session for you. I have come up with names for each individual group, but we need a more exciting name for the club, so please start thinking!

On Wednesday, we’ll be getting the library ready for our Harry Potter Book Night celebrations on Thursday. All pupils interested in helping to decorate the library should come to the library after school on Wednesday. There will be activities on Thursday at lunchtime and after school until 5pm if you would like to come along – all pupils and staff are welcome. Among other things, you can be sorted into your Hogwarts House.

Also on Thursday, I’ll be out of school for a couple of hours in the morning along with Mr Peck and his S3 English class. In the second part of our Words That Burn project with Amnesty International, we’ll be going to watch a poetry slam at the Mitchell Library. I can’t wait! The pupils did an amazing job in their first poetry workshop last week, and I’ll be posting some photos to our Twitter and Instagram accounts soon.

Thursday is definitely shaping up to be a busy day! Every Thursday, during Period 1, the S1 Nurture class come to the library to choose and talk about books. For the last two weeks, they have been working on a Valentine’s Day-themed book display – after some discussion, they chose the theme of Love, but not just romantic love. Last week, they also chose books on family love and love between friends, and one pupil insisted that we include a recipe book to inspire anybody wanting to cook a special meal on Valentine’s Day. This Thursday, we’ll be putting their book display up and decorating it. That’s just stage one of our Valentine’s Day plans, but I’m not telling what will be happening – watch this page!

One thought on “This week in Lourdes Secondary Library

1. My daughter Tegan doesn’t have her logg in details or pin details to access the online resource can u send me them please thanks. Linda

Reply