Last Day of Term

HAPPY LAST DAY OF P2/3

I wish we could be together today laughing and saying goodbye properly but sadly we can’t. I wish you all the best for next year and I look forward to seeing you all in August when we return to school.

Have a fantastic summer holiday!!

Love and miss you all

Miss Milne ☺️

Monday 8th June Home Learning Grid

Good Morning,

How are you all doing today? I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed some of the sunshine.

As teachers are now back in school I wanted to make sure there was a way I could continue to provide with activities even when there may be days I can’t blog. I have made up a home learning grid with 12 activities. Each day choose 1 or 2 activities to do. Remember you can do as much or as little of the grid as you wish, they are mere suggestions.

I will send a WhatsApp with the grid for better quality.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Miss Milne

First week of June

Hello my lovely class!

How are you all doing? I hope you have been out enjoying the weather while we had it, I know I did.

The school is now opened for teachers and I have been in helping to get the school ready for when children come back in August. We are making it a safe place for all. There may be fewer blogs because of this and I am looking at the best way to provide you with activities on here.

Remember that your pack should contain useful websites filled with games and activities to keep you busy and continue practicing all your skills at home. Thank you to those who have sent me pictures and videos, I have loved seeing every one of them ☺️

Have you tried this website for fun maths game?

https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/

Keep an eye out for the next two chapters of the Owl Who was Afraid of the Dark. I have set aside time to record them today!

Keep checking the blog and Infant Youtube Channel!

Have a great day everyone!

Miss Milne 🙂

Sunshine Poems

Happy Friday ☀️ ☀️ ☀️

What a gorgeous sunny day we have today and it looks like it’s going to be a glorious weekend. The sunshine has got me feeling all excited and I thought today we could write some acrostic poems about the sunshine.

An acrostic poem is when you take a word and write a word or sentence for each of the letters. Today I thought our word could be SUNSHINE. Each of your words or sentences should be linked to the word we have chosen, for example, if we were writing about winter we might talk about how it is cold and snowy, perhaps maybe even the fun things we might get up to at winter time.
I’ve done some examples to give you an idea and there is a video on YouTube that will hopefully help if you are stuck.

Miss Milne’s acrostic poems:

FLOWERS
F
abulous

Lovely

Odorours

Wonderful

Earthly

Radiant

Splendid

LOCKDOWN

Lots of rest

Off school for weeks

Can’t go outside

Kettle always boiling

Drinking lots of tea

Out for walks everyday

Wish we were together again

New hobbies to try while we wait

You can choose to do it with only a word for each letter or try a sentence. I would love to see some of the poems so please send them to me and I will post them on the blog and share them on Facebook to cheer everyone up!

Our acrostic poem word: SUNSHINE ☀️

Have a wonderful day and get plenty SUNSHINE ☀️

Miss Milne 🙂

Thinking Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Let’s get our thinking caps on and see if we can complete these tricky puzzles.

Why not try these riddles with the whole family at home. Pause the video after the question to give yourself more time.

Try this I Spy Emoji game. Try to complete it before the time runs out but you can pause to give yourself more time too.

Or have fun with this Spongebob Spot the Difference challenge.

Why not make up your own spot the difference for family members to find by drawing two pictures with a few differences?
Please send me your made up puzzles, I would love to spot the difference too 🙃

MR CORRIGAN GOES LIVE!!

Two wonderful stories will be read today by Mr Corrigan at 2.30pm on the Infant YouTube channel.

As always, whatever you choose to do today have a great day filled will happiness and fun!

Miss Milne 🥳

Move Your Body!!

Good Morning

How are you all today? I hope you had a lovely May Weekend Holiday and a happy Eid for those of you who celebrated over the weekend.

Today let’s get our bodies moving. We can do this in lots of different ways by exercising, dancing, playing games or even doing some relaxing yoga. It’s important to keep our bodies and mind moving through this time so our muscles stay strong.

What ever you choose to do today try and get your body moving for even 10 minutes.

Have a fabulous day!

Miss Milne 🙂

Chapter 3 – Dark is Fun

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

How are you all today? I need to apologise that I’ve been rubbish at posting videos lately. I promise to do better after the May weekend holiday.

Today let’s have a listen to chapter 3 of The Owl Who was Afraid of the Dark. This chapter is called Dark is Fun. Before listening and reading…

* What do you think Plop will learn this chapter?
* Does the picture give you any clues what will happen to Plop?

The May holiday is this weekend and also many of you will be celebrating Eid. This chapter is all about fun so why not spend time making a list of as many fun things you can do today or for the weekend and try and do as many of them as you can. Get all the family involved!

As always I would love to hear what fun you have planned for yourself today!

Have a great May Weekend and have a fantastic Eid Celebration.

Miss Milne 🙂

Celebration Reflections

Good morning,

As this week is the lead up to Eid I thought you might want to do a bit of writing that reflects what Ramadan and Eid means to you? Some ideas include:

* write about your favourite Eid celebrations you have had in the past.

* write about what you are most looking forward to this Eid.

* write about what Ramadan and Eid mean to you.

* you could illustrate your favourite Eid celebration or create a story map of the celebration.

Choose any way you wish to reflect on this special time. I know it will be different this year but I hope you are able to make the most of it in your own special way.

If you are not celebrating Ramadan and Eid, think of your special celebrations to reflect on. This exercise is about reflecting on our celebrations and what they mean to us.

MR CORRIGAN LIVE

Mr Corrigan will be going LIVE on the infant YouTube channel again this afternoon at 2.30pm. He will be reading a book called ‘Ramadan Moon’. I hope you are able to join us.

https://youtu.be/TlqlNyqYWm8

Have a wonderful day. Hopefully the sun will come out for us today! ☀️ ☀️ ☀️

Miss Milne 🙂

Eid Celebrations 🥳

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Miss Bull blogged such wonderful questions about Eid last Thursday with her class that I wanted to share with you some of the blog today. With Eid celebrations so close and it being such a strange time I thought we would start our week off thinking about the celebration.

Celebrations: Ramadan and Eid!! 

I know so many of you are so looking forward to Eid so I wonder if today you could teach me a few things about your special celebration, Miss Bull has recorded a video asking you some questions below:

If you do not celebrate Ramadan or Eid this would be a great time to learn all about the celebration, it is so important to learn about other people’s faiths and religions – remember, we are all different and being different is GREAT!:

• What does ‘fasting’ mean? Why do Muslims fast during Ramadan?
  • What do these words mean; Suhoor/Sehri, Iftar, Zakat?
  • Ramadan is the ninth month in the islamic  Lunar calendar, but what is a lunar calendar based on?

Watch these videos about the Lunar cycle:

https://www.tigtagworld.co.uk/film/phases-of-the-moon-PRM00071/I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ZHdzl6ZWg

• Ramadan starts when religious leaders tell everyone that they have seen a certain type of moon – Which moon is that?
  • What special things do you do with your family during the 3 day Eid celebrations?

Ask the adults in your family the questions to help you find out the answers and then ask them to help you type your answers into the comments box on the video.

Here is an interesting video all about a little boy who shares his ideas of how to celebrate Ramdan with your family during the Corona Virus Lock Down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/23286976

This week I would love to try to make some of your favourite recipes during Eid.

What do you like to eat during Eid?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Miss Milne 🙂

Home Learning – Day 29

Good morning,

Today let’s read together our second chapter of our novel – DARK IS KIND.

Before you listen and read along have a think about the questions below…

* what do I think this chapter will be about?
* does the picture at the top of the chapter give me any clues?
* what do I know about Plop so far?

Did you enjoy the second chapter? Here are some suggestions of activities you could do…

* write a sentence or two about what happens in the chapter. This is called a summary.
* Illustrate (draw a picture) your favourite part of the chapter.
* pick 3 words in the chapter that you don’t know. Can you find out what they mean?

MR CORRIGAN IS GOING LIVE!!!!

Tune into the Infants YouTube page at 2.30 this afternoon to watch Mr Corrigan read a story live to you all.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5GQLl6kdUmUJFwGaO-ijg

What ever you choose to do today, have a fantastic day!

Miss Milne 🙂