Friday 25th August 2023

P4 Class Blog 25.08.23

The children have written their favourite parts about this week.

“We did a place value quiz. We had to say what the value of something was, for example, what is the value of the 1? It was very fun,” Finlay.

“We looked at the value of underlined numbers. We did place value whole part models. It was hard,” Reuben.

“We were doing place value and we went on the netbooks. We went on Mathigon and we put in the hundreds, thousands, tens and ones. We also did part-models,” Grace.

“I like the whole-part model,” Samuel.

“This week we did place value. When you have to put the value of the number,” Harris

I did well in my place value part-models this week, Jasper.

“We did grammar looking at connectives,” Ada.

“Our novel is Georges Marvellous Medicine, I love the book it’s so good. Our drama was fun when we pretended to make potions,” Ella.

“We also read a Roald Dahl book called Georges Marvellous Medicine,” Samuel.

HWB

“We made our own 5-point scale. We had to colour it. It was so fun,” Neave.

“We did a 5-point scale. We made a 5-point scale so every morning or lunch we can change where we are feeling,” Jack.

“We did a warm up using volcanos, earthquakes, and twisters. It was a really fun warm up to play,” Winnie.

“In PE we have been doing ball skills. We were throwing them to partners to stop with our different parts of our feet,” Rosie.

“We did some ball skills rolling and stopping the balls in different ways,” Ella.

Other

“This week we made birthday cards and we did place value quiz.,” Willow

“We made birthday cards and we had to use scrap paper and we made a card with it,” Olivia H

“Everyone picked out a lolly stick and whoever we got we would make them a birthday card and when it’s their birthday they would guess who it was,” Sienna.

“This week we did class jobs and morning starters every day. In the class starters we have had a countdown challenge, animal ladders and country ladders,” Ada.

“We did a morning starter There were three activities, maths, literacy, daily challenge. If we did all 3 we received table points,” Finlay.

I enjoyed the maths pyramids this week, Sasha.

“We had a discussion about what we should do for the summer fair,” Sienna.