Kirkcaldy High School

Respect for Self, Others, and Learning

Parent Council

A very warm welcome from the Kirkcaldy High School Parent Council.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Gillian McIntyre and I am the chair of the Kirkcaldy High School Parent Council. We meet once or twice per term to discuss issues relevant to what is going on in school.

I would like to extend a welcome all our new parents who have S1 pupils entering our school, as well as parents of pupils already attending KHS.

Why should the Parent Council interest you?

As parents I know we all want the best for our children, but have you considered how you can work with Kirkcaldy High to fully understand what goes on in the school, and how you can support your child to achieve their full potential?

First of all, let me assure you that you won’t be pestered to join fundraising activities or lumbered with a time-consuming job on the Parent Council. We would rather that you come along and chat about what we can do to work together – are there any information sessions you might find interesting? Is there something that you just don’t understand about exams or classes? Is there some feedback that you feel the school should have about an event they hosted or do you have any questions about what is going on generally?

You don’t need to commit to come to every meeting, but it would be great if you could just pop in if you think it might be interesting. We are really informal and dates and times for meeting will be posted on the “twitter” page and in the latest school newsletter. If you haven’t already done I urge you to make sure that you are signed up for Mr Allan weekly log (available via email) that is always interesting and full of what’s going on in school.

Gillian McIntyre