Kirkcaldy High School

Respect for Self, Others, and Learning

Washington Trip 2023

Kirkcaldy High Visits the White House

Kirkcaldy High Visits the White House

The Social Subjects department ran a trip to Washington DC on Sunday 10th September where we were given the chance of a lifetime to fly to the US Capitol for 6 days.

Though we experienced several cancelled flights it was all worth it when we were incredibly lucky to visit the White House and get a tour of one of America’s most known buildings. We also got to see many tourist sights such as the Capitol Building (which we toured), the Lincoln Memorial, The Washington Monument and so much more.

We visited 3 Smithsonian Museums including the American History Museum. We also had the opportunity to see a theatre show- Moulin Rouge which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Though we experienced a few stressful moments and setbacks with travelling, the teachers made it all worth it with their positivity, laughs and of course resilience in ensuring we all had the best time.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say this was the best trip I have ever been on, having met some incredible people and making bonds/friendships to last a life time!

I will never forget a second of it.

HP, S6