Wisp by Abbie

Wisp

On a dark night in the woods, I look around. My goal is to find some food for my family. The woods were very scary to my family, luckily, I am brave enough to go. The thing that scares most people is the broken rusty trees. Now you may think these trees aren’t broken? You are wrong. And you’ll soon find out why. The orange dirt path, strange for a place like this… especially the brown planks on the ground. I have an uneasy feeling.

Hours later, I start to sit down by one of the rusty trees. My shoes looked like they had stepped in a swamp. As I look around, I see some blue creature by the tree. It was shining like the stars in the sky. I thought it looked like a blue candle. The creature left me feeling confused and I had the urge to follow it.

At first, I had thought nothing of it. I start to get up to go check it out. For my own safety, I watched it from behind a tree. Now that I think of it, once I saw a girl with a toy that looked like that thing… I heard her say “Look Wisp, there’s lots of cool shops!” I’m starting to think, I should call this thing ‘Wisp’ I am not too sure what this creature is, or if it’s safe or not. It looked like it was waiting for me. It floats by the birch wood tree. No, what am I doing? I should be looking for food. I walk up the path the path and see another one. It looked the exact same. What is happening…  I had whispered. But reminder. This is my past.

I walk up to Wisp. As I got a closer look, I had found out it’s a will- o’- the- wisp. Wisp starts to go somewhere, “Hey…Wisp? Where are you going?” I had asked. I ran to follow Wisp, after some minutes, Wisp had went up a big hill with some strange thing up ahead. I had sighed and taken 3 steps back. I ran up the hill as fast as I could. I was so tired that once I made it up, I had tripped. Ah great… I was covered in mud, but, why should that affect me? Wisp entered some graveyard then stopped. As I entered the graveyard, Wisp suddenly disappears, the exit gets blocked. I start to explore the graveyard. I sit by a grave with lots of flowers around it for awhile. I suddenly see some apples. This was perfect, until I came across a problem…

How do I get out? I pick up the apples and bang loudly, hoping someone will hear me. Hands started coming out of the graves. I started to scream at the top of my lungs.

“WISP!? OR SOMEONE!? PLEASE?” Sadly, no one came, not even Wisp. I quickly find a way to climb up the brick wall. Now that I am up the wall, I sit down, I was breathing so fast that my heart started to beat quickly. I look at the apples and sigh. I guess I am trapped here. I see a cottage in the graveyard, which is random, but anyways. I jumped down and tried to open the cottage. I saw a key on the ground for the cottage. I picked it up and unlocked the door, the cottage looked beautiful… I decided to stay in the cottage for the night. I get comfortable in the bed, and fell asleep.

I suddenly wake up at 4 in the morning, it’s like the bed got comfier. I get out of the bed and open the door slowly. As the sun rose, I grabbed

the key from the door. I walk up to the graveyard doors and pick up the apples. I unlock the door then run as fast as I can out of the woods. Successfully, I make out of the woods. Now after this happened, I never go to the woods. Please… Listen to my message when I say this. Do not go in the woods, or you’ll regret it.