THE STOOR WORM BY CARLA

THE STOOR WORM

It was a dreich day on the Orkney islands a slight breeze with a touch of rain, the water moving slowly and the grey, braw and tall mountains staring right at you, the grass swaying side to side as if the grass was dancing. It got sunnier by the minute and the mountains started to glow. As I sat there for longer I noticed the sunset going down.

Suddenly a huge, terrifying, scaled creature came out from the sea as I got a closer look I saw the teeth as large as a human. I began to get goosebumps the huge terrifying creature started approaching me the more I saw of the body, the longer it got. The scales metallic and brightly coloured, the snout snottery and humongous. The noise was the most terrifying part; RAAAAAAARGHH.( Then I realised it was a Stoor Worm).

At first I thought the Stoor worm was going back into the sea, but then I screamed in horror as it started to approach me I took 3 steps back in  The thought of being eaten was too much for a young soul like me, I had to escape this terrible place. As I started running I felt a wet slimy tentacle wrap around my leg I turned and yelped out HELP! I started to get dragged into the dark, deep, blue sea….

The Stoor worm pulled me above the water surprisingly, so I could still breath. The creature took me to its lair under water the Stoor worm gave me a shell to breath in and out of, I was shocked it felt as though the Stoor Worm was trying to be nice. The deeper we got in the ocoen the darker it got I was trying to get off of the Stoor Worm but it felt like I was attached.

We finally reached the bottom, I was terrified as I hopped off the back of the Stoor Worm in my surprise it looked like the creature lived in a toy shop but all the toys were objects that have been dropped from the top of the ocean.The Stoor Worm approached close up to my face I used the shell to take a deep breath in, the creature looked worried he let out a huge burp. We both burst out in laughter turns out the Stoor Worm was just looking for a friend. BOOM! I heard my mums voice I was confused then I started shaking “w—what” I said “ honey wake up” exclaimed mum. Suddenly I opened my eyes to be in my bed I thought to myself for a minute and then realised it was a DREAM!

One Reply to “THE STOOR WORM BY CARLA”