The Kelpie by Freya R

It was a sunny early morning in Scotland, the birds were chirping and fish was swimming along the edge of the water. It was so peaceful, there  were ducks paddling in the loch! The bushes on the hill had over grown and looked like a monster running over the land. The sun was behind the hills it looked so beautiful. By the water was a fallen tree covered in birds’ nests.

There was a big black beautiful creature in the water, I didn’t know what It was! As I got closer Is suddenly I seen it was a kelpie It wasn’t a normal Kelpie. It wasn’t black  like other kelpies but It had a really long mane and a really long tail It had flowers In Its mane and tail. It looked kind of  cute! It ran of and the flowers fell of Its mane but they grew back It was a bit different!

Suddenly, I wee kid jumped on Its back It ran down the hill .The Kelpie got a wee fright because there was a kid on Its back cause the kelpie never had a kid on Its back. The kelpie ran Into the water the Kelpie thought “no I can’t do this the kid will drown”. The Kelpie walked out of the water and the Kelpie was going to drop the kid  but he walked to this fallen down tree. There was  Injured birds the wee kid put the Injured birds In his bag and went home to help them.

The next day, the wee kid came back with the birds In his bag. The kid put the birds back In the fallen down tree so they can warm up and be happy again Even the Kelpie was happy everyone was happy!