World Of Work by P7

On Thursday 9th May in the afternoon we had a World of Work event.  It was held in our school hall.  We invited local businesses in to talk about and perform their professions. Leading to the afternoon, I was excited and anxious; I was very interested in hearing the employees from local businesses.

Building up to the event, our tasks in ICT time were to find local businesses to contact them and to create an eye-catching poster to advertise the event. Just before the event, we were given a list of people attending.

I was very excited when we entered the room; our first station was a butcher just adjacent to us. They used complicated machines and utensils to shape the meat. Next was P.C.McInnes and he did a Q&A session about his profession. Next was a wood joiner, then Tony Bragg, who talked about how everything was quality checked before it happened/was, consumed. Next was Danielle’s dad who was a door supervisor. He talked about how he filtered out aggressive alcoholics and calm, collected people just wanting a good time. Finally, there were two gymnasts.

This was a great event and it was very interesting and I enjoyed it. The only criticism I have is that I wish it was extended to a full day rather than a full afternoon.  Adam

2 thoughts on “World Of Work by P7”

1. My 2 favourite things were the gymnastics and the gun dogs they were very fun to watch. 😛

2. It was a fun day and we all learned lots of information about different careers such as a gymnast and a even a bouncer! We even made burgers but didn’t eat the as they were not cooked. I wouldn’t of excpected the meat to smell so much. In conclusion it was a great day.