Vision, Values and Aims

Our current aims are stated below.  As part of our school improvement planning we will be continuing to develop these in line with our rationale, vision and values.

Successful Learners

1. At my school I need to feel safe, calm and welcome. The high quality learning I need to experience is motivating, individual for my own abilities and relevant in the everyday world.

2. I need my school and teachers to be approachable and caring, this way I will be encouraged to achieve both in school and out of school.

Effective Contributors

1. I need to learn to work in a team at home, at school and within the wider community. I also have to learn to accept certain responsibilities within these teams.

2. School and home need to encourage me to show and talk about my abilities and ideas confidently.

3. I need an environment where I learn to value the ideas and feelings of others.

Confident Individual

1. I feel welcomed at my school and feel that everyone is valued, supported, respected and happy.

2. I can grow up in confidence by being respected and valued for who I am.

3. Everyone at my school is able to express their thoughts, feelings and opinions and are encouraged to do so.

4. I need my school to encourage and support me in areas where I lack confidence.

Responsible Citizen

1. With the help of my teachers and peers I develop a sense of right and wrong and high moral standards.

2. The school helps me to take responsibility for my own actions and decisions – and in understanding other members of my school / society.

3. My school is a place that I can be proud to belong to.