Read the Pupils' Posts About Day One – They Loved It!!

lhs31.gif

This picture shows the Carronshore pupils waiting to to go in to the Larbert High School building this morning. They were all very apprehensive at this stage. The Carronshore teachers stayed with them until they went off to their classes and activities. We hoped that they wouldn’t be too overwhelmed by the experience ……. guess what – apparently they LOVED it!!

Read the blog posts below by Danni and Marc to find out more ……

I love high school!!!!!!

Posted by Danni on June 12th, 2007

Today we went to high school it was well better! The first thing we done was sit in our form classes. We then got showed a power point. After that we went to our first class. I went to french it was good. We done a word search and got asked questions! After another session of sitting down and getting told stuff again we went to  another class. I was at  science  /  chemistry. It was brilliant!  We got to see the teacher light a fire on bonsent  burner  I might have spelt it wrong. I found it so interesting. After that we had lunch. I had mine at the hub thats the dinner hall.  I had a turkey burger and a drink of water. I wasn’t that hungry. After lunch I went out side and I met new people. They were really nice. Then after lunch time we went back inside and had a fun after noon. We had a game in the hall and after that a show from the second years and the a power point about eco. That was what we done today. Tomorrow we will be doing our normal scedual and go to our classes. For people who are nervous about going to high school don’t be, it’s so much fun and way more better than primary. The thing about flushing your head down the toilet  is alot of rubbish its lies. So when you go enjoy your self  and think of it as just a bigger version of primary school and more classes!!

First Day At Larbert High!

Posted by Marc on June 12th, 2007

At 8.45 all my friends that I was walking up with arrived in Larbert High. Mrs Vass came up at 9.00. She took a picture of us all it should be on the blog soon. We went into the big assembly hall and we got greeted by all the prefects and  teachers. We went to our first period mine was Art & Design it was really good. Then we went back to the assembly hall and had our snack. Then it was period 2 that was P.E we just got showed around all the what we will be doing after the Summer. We went back to the assembly hall and we got given our YSC ( Young Scot Cards) we use them for the hub that is what the dining area is called. We had our lunch I had a tuna mayo baguette it was really yummy. After lunch we got to see a drama show all about the school dress code. Then after that we went and watched a movie all about eco. Then we went into the sports hall and played 3 games. After that we went back to the assembly hall and we got dissmised.