Pupils will be learning about Space through play and investigation.
Sciences: Space- Pupils will be learning:-
· Where the Sun and Moon are in relation to Earth in our Solar System.
· Where the Sun and Moon are at various times of day or night.
· How daylight and darkness happen.
· How the patterns and movements of the Sun and Moon change over time.
· The movement and patterns of the Sun, Moon and Earth relate to the length of a day, month and a year.
· Social Studies: Pupils will be learning about:-
Famous related to Space exploration. Tim Peak and Neil Armstrong.
Technologies: Pupils will be developing their digital literacy in order to create a space themed animation.
Pupils will develop their skills by using a variety of media and techniques e.g oil pastels, chalk, wax resist, collage to create a space display.
Pupils will design and create rockets and a moon buggy.
Drama- role play / imaginative play in a space station / rocket.
· Counting activities
· P1 – adding/subtracting 1 / 2 to a digit up to 20
· P2 – adding / subtracting/ doubles to 20
· P3 addition/subtraction
2 digit add 1 digit
2 ,4 ,5 and 10 multiplication and division
P1 – halving shapes and objects
P2 – ½ ¼ shapes, objects and halving numbers
P3 – ½ ¼ objects, numbers and shapes
Literacy & Gàidhlig:
Writing – Developing imaginative stories:-
· Sentence openers
· Use of connectives
Reading – Finding and using information
Pupils will be encouraged to find information in books and through images develop their understanding of space.
Listening & Talking – Enjoyment and Choice
Pupils will be encouraged to recall information and explain what they’ve learned and express their feelings.
Health & Wellbeing :Food & Health – Nutrition and Safe and Hygienic practices
· Eating healthily
· Taking care of my teeth
· Substance misuse
RE & Health & Well being (PE)
RE – Other world religions :- Buddhism
In other world religions we are focusing on Buddhism. We are learning about :-
- Who Buddah was
- What are the symbols of buddhism
- Where buddhists worship
- The key message of buddhism
PE – Health and wellbeing
The main focus for PE this term is Running to improve stamina and speed.
Pupils will enhance their listening skills, concentration, team work, warming up/cooling down and improved stamina and speed.
- Improve Fitness & stamina
- Listening skills
- Setting own targets
Circle time – Health and wellbeing –
- Similarities and differences in people
- Identifying different emotions
- How to deal with different emotions
- Understand the term Autism