Class of 2025b

—-PRIMARY 3B—-MONTHLY BLOG—- East Renfrewshire site

April 2021

Hello Spring vector template design. Cute sun with spring flowers on sky background. Cartoon illustration. Card for kids, vector | Stock Images Page | Everypixel

Hello everyone!!!

We cannot believe that we are into our last term of Primary 3! Where did the time go?! We have been very busy since we have returned to school and have been continuing our learning journey!

In Literacy, we have been developing our spelling skills by using active learning. We have been using play dough, beads, stampers, shaving foam and fun writing to help us explore our different sounds in a variety of ways – we really enjoyed this! We have also been developing our writing by writing in paragraphs! We have been really super at this and Miss Jack is very proud of us all! We have also been trying hard to make our sentences even better by including WOW words, adjectives and connectives; we are learning to use resources when completing any writing task as we know they will really upscale our writing. This week we began learning how to use mind maps to help us plan! It was a little tricky at first but we eventually got there in the end and we can now write our notes in a colourful, interesting and clear way!

We have just finished our Ancient Egyptian topic and we were REALLY interested in this! We learned about lots of new things like Egyptian fashion, Pyramids, the River Nile and more!! We think we are now Ancient Egyptian experts :D. We were able to show off our talking and listening skills, as well as our researching skills when we completed our Ancient Egyptian presentations. We all worked really hard and put in a lot of time and effort (Miss Jack says thank you to everyone who gave us a helping hand)! For Art, we turned ourselves into Egyptian Pharaohs and we looked magnificent.

We have just started our class novel study on ‘Fantastic Mr Fox’ and we are really enjoying it! We know that reading a chapter book will challenge us but we are up for it!! We have also been learning new skills too whilst reading it… We now know what an antagonist is and what alliteration means – we can confidently describe the meaning of these to another person! We are super excited to find out what happens next in the story and have even made some predictions – fingers crossed we are right!

For the month of May, we will be focusing on Mary the Mother of Jesus. We will be creating a May Altar as a class, and will be praying the Rosary together! We have a special display for our wall outside the classroom and we cannot wait to put it up!

Here are some things that we have liked learning/liked about being back in school:

“Everybody has been kind. I like learning numeracy as the questions challenge me” – Yuvaan

“Everybody has been nice. I have liked learning how to write in paragraphs” – Reansh

“I have liked learning to write in paragraphs in Literacy, learning how to multiply in 4’s, and learning about the Ancient Egyptians. I am enjoying reading Fantastic Mr Fox” – Emilia

“I like seeing my friends and reading Fantastic Mr Fox” – Declan

“I have liked learning about the Ancient Egyptians. I have also enjoyed challenging myself when completing my tasks” – Nina

“I have enjoyed seeing my friends and playing with them” – Oscar

“I have liked getting to see my friends and being able to learn in the classroom again” – Fayrouz

“I have enjoyed seeing my friends and learning new things in Numeracy” – Olivia

“I have liked telling jokes and makes everyone in my class laugh” – Abdullah

“I have liked how I am more confident at completing subtraction calculations with exchanging” – Aashir

“I have enjoyed doing the talent show and dancing to Just Dance during P.E and Golden Time” – Callum

“I have liked seeing my friends. I have enjoyed reading Fantastic Mr Fox – it has been good” – Sophia

“I have enjoyed my writing tasks, especially writing my superhero story and I like how I am able to read my work out to the class. I also enjoy the active learning in spelling and writing my sentences for homework. – David

“I have liked getting to see all my friends and enjoyed learning the ‘air’ sound” – Lily

“I enjoyed completing my writing task about superheroes. I like being with my friends and seeing Miss Jack” – Varnika

“I have had fun in numeracy. I also like how my classmates are really helpful” – Dylan

“I have liked seeing my friends and enjoy doing my numeracy tasks” – Isla

“I have enjoyed seeing my friends and reading Fantastic Mr Fox” – Umair

“I like writing because I can challenge myself. Spelling is also exciting because the words can be hard and I get them right” – Charlie

“I like learning division and multiplication in numeracy” – Saad

“I like how I’ve became really confident when doing my numeracy tasks” – Kyle

“I like playing with my friends and studying” – Vikasini

We hope you have enjoyed reading our blog this month and hope you have a lovely weekend!

We will leave you with a joke from Abdullah: “When I have chips, I stick one to my tooth and shout “Mum I have a chip on my tooth”

Love,

Primary 3b x