Class of 2025b

—-PRIMARY 3B—-MONTHLY BLOG—- East Renfrewshire site

May 25, 2021
by User deactivated
Comments Off on May 2021

May 2021

Hello everyone and welcome to our May blog!

During this time, we had to go back to home-learning for 10 days but we worked hard and made Miss Jack proud!

In Music we have been continuing our lessons with Mrs Duggie. We have been learning about the story of ‘Peter and the Wolf’. Each character is represented by a different musical instrument. It’s so much fun!

For writing, we have been working on our planning process and have begun to use mind-maps!

In Health and Wellbeing, we are learning about healthy food eating and linked this to our Fantastic Mr Fox novel study. In groups, we had to create a healthy food plate for Boggis, Bunce or Bean!

Here are some things that we have liked learning about/enjoy during May:

David – “I’ve liked writing the stories we have written”

Umair – “I’ve liked learning about Climate Change”

Yuvaan – “I’ve enjoyed drawing the recycling poster”

Oscar – “I enjoy playing tig during P.E”

Reansh – “I’ve enjoyed learning Numeracy”

Fayrouz – “I enjoyed learning multiplication in Numeracy”

Emilia – “I liked doing P.E during home-learning”

Declan – “I’ve liked how we are sitting back in our groups”

Charlie – “I’ve enjoyed learning how to create a menu”

Isla – “I’ve enjoyed learning about multiplication”

Abdullah – “I’ve enjoyed doing mindfulness”

Olivia – “I enjoy making things at muddy movers”

Callum – “I enjoyed learning to dribble during P.E”

Nina – “I enjoy doing the fun games in P.E on a Friday”

Kyle – “I like doing the daily mile in P.E”

Vikasini – “I enjoyed doing the tennis with Mrs Knak”

Varnika – “I enjoyed learning to dribble during P.E”

Dylan – “I liked doing the live lessons with Mrs Duggie”

Lily – “I enjoy doing Just Dance at P.E”

April 30, 2021
by User deactivated
Comments Off on April 2021

April 2021

Hello Spring vector template design. Cute sun with spring flowers on sky background. Cartoon illustration. Card for kids, vector | Stock Images Page | Everypixel

Hello everyone!!!

We cannot believe that we are into our last term of Primary 3! Where did the time go?! We have been very busy since we have returned to school and have been continuing our learning journey!

In Literacy, we have been developing our spelling skills by using active learning. We have been using play dough, beads, stampers, shaving foam and fun writing to help us explore our different sounds in a variety of ways – we really enjoyed this! We have also been developing our writing by writing in paragraphs! We have been really super at this and Miss Jack is very proud of us all! We have also been trying hard to make our sentences even better by including WOW words, adjectives and connectives; we are learning to use resources when completing any writing task as we know they will really upscale our writing. This week we began learning how to use mind maps to help us plan! It was a little tricky at first but we eventually got there in the end and we can now write our notes in a colourful, interesting and clear way!

We have just finished our Ancient Egyptian topic and we were REALLY interested in this! We learned about lots of new things like Egyptian fashion, Pyramids, the River Nile and more!! We think we are now Ancient Egyptian experts :D. We were able to show off our talking and listening skills, as well as our researching skills when we completed our Ancient Egyptian presentations. We all worked really hard and put in a lot of time and effort (Miss Jack says thank you to everyone who gave us a helping hand)! For Art, we turned ourselves into Egyptian Pharaohs and we looked magnificent.

We have just started our class novel study on ‘Fantastic Mr Fox’ and we are really enjoying it! We know that reading a chapter book will challenge us but we are up for it!! We have also been learning new skills too whilst reading it… We now know what an antagonist is and what alliteration means – we can confidently describe the meaning of these to another person! We are super excited to find out what happens next in the story and have even made some predictions – fingers crossed we are right!

For the month of May, we will be focusing on Mary the Mother of Jesus. We will be creating a May Altar as a class, and will be praying the Rosary together! We have a special display for our wall outside the classroom and we cannot wait to put it up!

Here are some things that we have liked learning/liked about being back in school:

“Everybody has been kind. I like learning numeracy as the questions challenge me” – Yuvaan

“Everybody has been nice. I have liked learning how to write in paragraphs” – Reansh

“I have liked learning to write in paragraphs in Literacy, learning how to multiply in 4’s, and learning about the Ancient Egyptians. I am enjoying reading Fantastic Mr Fox” – Emilia

“I like seeing my friends and reading Fantastic Mr Fox” – Declan

“I have liked learning about the Ancient Egyptians. I have also enjoyed challenging myself when completing my tasks” – Nina

“I have enjoyed seeing my friends and playing with them” – Oscar

“I have liked getting to see my friends and being able to learn in the classroom again” – Fayrouz

“I have enjoyed seeing my friends and learning new things in Numeracy” – Olivia

“I have liked telling jokes and makes everyone in my class laugh” – Abdullah

“I have liked how I am more confident at completing subtraction calculations with exchanging” – Aashir

“I have enjoyed doing the talent show and dancing to Just Dance during P.E and Golden Time” – Callum

“I have liked seeing my friends. I have enjoyed reading Fantastic Mr Fox – it has been good” – Sophia

“I have enjoyed my writing tasks, especially writing my superhero story and I like how I am able to read my work out to the class. I also enjoy the active learning in spelling and writing my sentences for homework. – David

“I have liked getting to see all my friends and enjoyed learning the ‘air’ sound” – Lily

“I enjoyed completing my writing task about superheroes. I like being with my friends and seeing Miss Jack” – Varnika

“I have had fun in numeracy. I also like how my classmates are really helpful” – Dylan

“I have liked seeing my friends and enjoy doing my numeracy tasks” – Isla

“I have enjoyed seeing my friends and reading Fantastic Mr Fox” – Umair

“I like writing because I can challenge myself. Spelling is also exciting because the words can be hard and I get them right” – Charlie

“I like learning division and multiplication in numeracy” – Saad

“I like how I’ve became really confident when doing my numeracy tasks” – Kyle

“I like playing with my friends and studying” – Vikasini

We hope you have enjoyed reading our blog this month and hope you have a lovely weekend!

We will leave you with a joke from Abdullah: “When I have chips, I stick one to my tooth and shout “Mum I have a chip on my tooth”

Love,

Primary 3b x

December 16, 2020
by User deactivated
Comments Off on December 2020

December 2020

Hello everyone,

We can’t believe that it is our last day tomorrow before we finish up for the Christmas holidays. The past couple of months have FLOWN in (faster than Santa’s Reindeer), and it’s all because we have been working super hard and having fun.

A lot of our time in class has been spent learning all about our rights. We understand that these our very important to us and that they can never be taken away. We have heard all about rights activists such as Martin Luther King. We think he is very brave and awesome and we’d love to be like him one day. We know that an activist is someone who fights for a change. We became activists for climate change and took to our streets to raise awareness of how important it is – not just now but to protect us in the future – to stop climate change. We feel like we made a MAHOOSIVE impact!!!!

In Literacy, we have learned the skills that we use when writing letters. We can explain why we include certain things and that there is always a purpose to a letter. We wrote a letter to Miss Jack’s friend convincing her why it’s important to help save our climate. We also wrote some letters to Santa – we hope we’ve been good enough boys and girls to get everything we asked for (Miss Jack and Miss Mackay have told us we have been!!)

In case you haven’t heard, we are now Hollywood superstars and therefore will not be doing any chores around the house (just kidding :D)… Seriously though, we absolutely SMASHED our Nativity; the constant practising and perfecting paid off and we couldn’t be more happy and proud of ourselves woohoo!!!

We’ve had a cheeky visitor in our classroom for the past 2 weeks. Candy Cane our classroom elf has been watching over us for Santa, as well as getting up to mischief. We’re going to miss him when he leaves.

This last week we are going to be doing lots of exciting things – we think we deserve to have a wonderful last week as since returning to school, we have been superstars.

We hope you all have a lovely, safe and exciting break with your families and friends. Both Miss Jack and Miss Mackay would like to thank you all for your continuous support- we really appreciate it! Primary 3B can’t wait to see you all back in the new year… we wonder what 2021 will have in store for us!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Love P3b x

December 1, 2020
by User deactivated
Comments Off on November 2020

November 2020

Hello,

Welcome back to P3b’s class blog. As always, we have been working super hard!

October ended with a fabulous Halloween party in class – everyone made a great effort to dress up. This was a fun way to reward us after our great behaviour and hard work a few months after returning back to school.

November started off with a BANG (and by this we mean due to all the fireworks being let off for Guy Fawkes Night). We learnt who Guy Fawkes was and why we celebrate this day – we even made some fireworks pictures of our own!! It was a very messy task but we loved having the freedom and independence to do what we liked! The end result was fabulous 😀

In numeracy, we have been learning about measurement in centimetres and metres. We now know that centimetres are made up of tiny units of measure called millimetres – we put our knowledge to the test by finding objects that were roughly the same size as our hands, fingers and nails, and then used our rulers to measure the length of each one.  We have also enjoyed using metres sticks to measure the height and length of objects within and around the school. We took to the forest to develop these skills and although it was extremely mucky, we had loads of fun.

In literacy, our main focus was learning how to write letters. We worked on the structure of letters and what we should and should not include in them. We are so excited as this week, we are getting to write some letters to Santa!

Our Nativity practise is still on-going and we are taking this extremely seriously. It won’t be long until we are standing in front of the camera, performing our very special roles. We can’t wait for you all to see it. We have also began to prepare for the birth of the Baby Jesus – this is the season of Advent. In class we will be trying extra hard to act in the image of Jesus at this special time of year.

FINALLY, our class elf is arriving sometime this week. Our Santa cam has been keeping a very close eye on our behaviour and Miss Jack has also told us that Santa has said to keep up the good behaviour.

Primary 3b x

October 29, 2020
by User deactivated
Comments Off on October 2020

October 2020

We cannot believe that it is time to write another class blog and let us tell you, we have been BUSY bees :O!

Our theme for October has of course been… yup HALLOWEEN! We have been doing soooooo many activities linked to it, we’re not quite sure whether the spookiness will ever leave our classroom.

For Writing, we wrote our own magic potion. We were so imaginative with the ingredients we used, that Miss Jack and Miss Mackay were super impressed! We think we could sell some of them to the Sanderson sisters in Hocus Pocus they were that good!

As a class, we wrote a FANGTASTIC haunted house story and we got really into this. Together, we brainstormed, looked at movies for inspiration, planned and then finally wrote our story (Miss Jack only helped us with a little bit of sentence structure). We are really proud of it as we really did try and work our hardest.

In Maths, we used our adding and subtracting skills to complete some horrifying calculations, and then use our answers to colour in a Halloween picture! This was a fun way to consolidate our learning. We also practised our place value knowledge by using spooktacular pictures to represent numbers!

We have been learning about 2D and 3D shapes too; we now know about their properties! Of COURSE, we continued our Halloween theme by decorating, cutting and folding paper to make mean 3D monsters!

In our Outdoor Classroom, we had a competition to see which group could build the highest, free-standing structure using 3D objects – it was a close call but the Pineapples won with a magnificent height of 2.87M!

We have begun our topic ‘Animals Around the World’ and we have been loving learning about this. We began by discussing what we already knew and what we would like to learn. We now know that there are 7 continents on Earth and that animal habitats and survival methods are different in each continent!

In R.E we focused on Mary. We learned all about the Rosary; we know why it is important in Catholicism and how to pray it correctly. We also know all about the Mysteries of the Rosary. These are important parts of Mary and Jesus’ life and learning these, allows us to build a stronger relationship with God. Each day, we began and finished with a Hail Mary. Unfortuantely, we are unable to have our family and friends in to see our superstar talents in our Nativity: ‘Gabriel’s Big Break!’. That’s OK – Mrs McBride has organised a videographer to film us acting it and these will be available to you on DVD. We think this is a really lovely and special way for our families to celebrate Christmas together.

Thank you so much again for reading our Class Blog. We hope to see you back here next month for another update! We’ll leave on a funny note with a little joke:

Q: ‘What did the ghost teacher say to her class?’

A: “Watch the board and I’ll go through it”

Love,

Primary 3b x

September 29, 2020
by User deactivated
Comments Off on Welcome to P3B 2020/21

Welcome to P3B 2020/21

Hello and welcome to Primary 3b’s 2020/21 class blog!

The past few months in school have been very different for us all. We have had to get used to lots of new rules to help keep us safe but we have easily accustomed to them! We have continuously shown we are a fabulous class with lots of enthusiasm to learn and lots of love and kindness to give. We are an asset to Saint Cadoc’s and have made Miss Jack and Miss Mackay very proud to be our teachers!

In Numeracy, we have been working very hard. We have been focusing on our number work – particularly with vertical adding and subtracting calculations. We have been doing so much of this, we think we could do them in or sleep or even hanging upside down in a tree. In Primary 3b, we have also been learning about symmetry. We know that symmetry means that each side must look the same. Our activities have been very fun and active, e.g. we had to copy and complete our monsters, design a symmetrical butterfly, and even had to look for symmetrical objects in our Outdoor Classroom! This was quite tricky at first but with our determination, we now find symmetry easy peasy, proving that we are mathematical geniuses.

Our Literacy keeps us very busy. Each week we learn new Grammar, and also a new Spelling sound; we find that this is a great way to work together even if we can’t work in groups just now. We brainstorm, then we complete our tasks, and finally have the opportunity to do some ERIC (Everybody Reads In Class) time. We have been so imaginative with our ‘fun writing’ that we’ve even added these to our ‘fun writing’ examples. Miss Jack and Miss Mackay are impressed.

We also get a new reading book every week and along with reading this in class and at home, we complete reading comprehensions with our teachers. These are new to us and can be quite complex, however, we are tackling them very well and are becoming more confident with comprehension work as each week progresses – we will be ready to complete these independently very soon.

Our Wednesdays are dedicated to our Writing and we enjoy this time in class. This is a time where we are encouraged to relax and have fun!!! We have been learning to write detailed imaginative stories; short poems with some rhyme; instructional writing about empire biscuits where we first got busy and made our own (yum); and we will also be learning how to write personal recounts. We really do try our best and have produced some spectacular work… we definitely have some future authors in our class.

Health and Wellbeing has been a large focus in school. We know that when we are there, we are loved and feel safe. In class, we have read two books: The Day the Crayons Quit and The Colour Monster. These have taught us all about the different emotions we could experience, and have encouraged us to speak out when we feel a little bit rubbish. We also have our class Worry Monster where we can write down our worries and pop them into his mouth – our teachers check him each day and will have a little chat with us about oUr worry.

At every opportunity, we also celebrate our successes as we believe that these are important. We know that even the smallest of successes are our biggest achievements

In Primary 3b, we also love to do mindfulness and carry this out at handwashing times (8 times). This is a great way to be peaceful and relax our busy minds during the school day. We do this to Disney’s Zenimation.

Out of all the curricular areas, our favourite is DEFINITELY outdoor learning in the Upper Forest. When we are there, we are given lots of freedom and just have loads of fun. The pictures speak for themselves!

We hope you enjoyed reading about our first couple of months in school. We know that it has been a very weird time for everybody, but we promise that we are enjoying ourselves and are glad to be back with all of our friends!

We can’t wait to see you back here next month,

Primary 3b.

February 21, 2020
by Miss McCann
Comments Off on Rainforest Plants

Rainforest Plants

Today in class we learned about the types of plants which survive in the rainforest. To help us understand the life cycle of a plant we participated in different active stations including;

Art – creating our own plant crafts using paper and card.

Science – Planting our own seeds. We are looking forward to observing them grow.

ICT – Using Google maps to “drop-in” to the Amazon rainforest and note what plants we can see.

Take a look at all of the fun and exciting learning in our photos below.

February 20, 2020
by Miss McCann
Comments Off on The Rainforest

The Rainforest

As part of our Social Studies, we have chosen to learn about the Rainforest. We have set up our very own Rainforest in the classroom. We used paint and newspaper to create trees, leaves and even a hut. Over the next few weeks we will be enjoying a range of lessons including;

• Science (plants and living things)
  • Art (animal craft and forest paintings)
  • Writing (setting descriptions)

Take a look at our classroom rainforest.

February 20, 2020
by Miss McCann
Comments Off on Celebrating Chinese New Year

Celebrating Chinese New Year

In class, Primary 2b celebrated Chinese New Year. We found out that it is the year of the rat. We learned that lots of animals had a race. The rat won the race by using its cunning to navigate the water by persuading the kind ox to let it sit on its head as it crossed. Rather than say thank you on the other side, the rat made a dash for the finish with the ox not far behind.

We made dragon masks. Take a look at them below.