Year in Industry (YINI) have placements in architecture, engineering, mainly electrical and mechanical, business, finance/accountancy in multiple roles in Scotland http://www.etrust.org.uk/year-industry/vacancies/vacancies—scotland and many more UK wide.
*Registrations to YINI close on 31st May 2019.
The Year in Industry (YINI) placements offer students the opportunity to gain professional development by working at a reputable company. They help place students in top UK companies and organisations every year, including, Rolls-Royce, EDF Energy, Scotrail, ScottishPower, Leonardo, Schneider, Syngenta, P&G plus many more.
Typically, the programme lasts for 12 months and comes with a good salary. Pupils don’t have to have filled in a UCAS application to join either but they do need to be sitting their Highers/Advanced Highers or equivalent. Some pupils stay on with the companies and take up their advanced apprenticeships. A number of students are sponsored through university each year and many of our partner companies see The Year in Industry as an important part of their graduate/employee recruitment programme.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
A Year in Industry placement can fast track a student’s future career, greatly improving employment prospects. 97% of students who have undertaken a Year in Industry feel they are more employable, as it adds massive value to a CV as well as greatly increasing confidence and maturity levels.
- They will be paid a proper salary
- Be expected to undertake a challenging job, which will both be stretching and relevant for your future studies and career path.
- We provide an optional math’s course for all placed students who are school leavers
- Free workshops included during placement, covering project management, presentation skills, leadership and management
- Support throughout from YINI mentors and the placement companies
- The possibility of summer placements during university or moving on to apprenticeships with the companies
- Possible sponsorship through university
- Register online at their website http://www.etrust.org.uk/the_year_in_industry/apply_now.cfm (Registration Deadline: 31st May 2019)