P5a 2024/2025

Mrs Paterson and Mrs Sutherland

23.08.24 End of the first full week of p5!

The boys and girls have settled well into p5 and enjoyed a busy full week in school.

This week they were learning to identify what kind of person they are by identifying their qualities and by helping a friend to identify their own qualities.   We used the ‘animal me’ quiz on the My World of Work website.  When we have our Google Classroom up and running I will share the quiz there for the children to try at home.

We have lots of kind, helpful, creative and funny children in the class.

The children enjoyed learning a new game to practice their times tables facts called ‘BAM!’ Ask them to explain how you play it!!  If you want to make a version at home it involves eating a tube of Pringles and writing calculations on card or paper!!

In numeracy, the children have been revising formal calculations with Mrs Paterson discussing the expected layout and the way to complete these calculations.

The children have been developing their meta skills this week and also their ability to identify and name a time when they were using these skills in class too.
Such as ‘I was adapting when the obstacle course fell down’ (Eliza) ‘I was problem solving when completing a jig saw’ (Jordan) ‘I was being creative when building with Lego’ (Haider) and ‘I was developing my integrity by following the rules playing BAM’ (Darcie).

On Friday afternoon during Outdoor Learning, the children got drenched with a sudden down pour of rain!! Before this we were having great fun using the loose part to create obstacle courses for our friends or completing a scavenger hunt.

Keep up the great work p5a!

Have a great weekend!

Love, Mrs Sutherland.